Saturday, July 14, 2012

Progress [07/14/12]

Okay, so here's the rundown. I tried easing myself back into this in May and failed to do much of anything. It's not so much a lack of free time now as it is a total lack of motivation. I've realized that I've just pretty much lost all interest in translating this, as despite numerous attempts at working on it, I've only barely been able to translate a word or two.

I had fun with this game before, but now it's more like a burden hanging onto my shoulders. Thing is, I'd really hate to leave it unfinished given I do like a few of the afterstories, and as I said at the beginning, they're really not very long individually. So, I sat down today and forced myself to complete two afterstories and finish up half of another one I'd gotten down way back before I drifted away from it. It wasn't really fun, but I feel it's something I need to do so I can just close this project once and for all and move on.

So, basically, I've decided to set a deadline for myself. Setting up a routine is important for all things you want to actually work, so I'm going to translate at least an afterstory a day from this point on. Minus the ones I've already completed, that leaves 28 different afterstories (as some characters have more than one), and 28 days for me to finish up this game.

If I don't finish it in 28 days, then I'm going to have to give up, as this is my last ditch effort to actually get my lazy ass to complete this game. So, it's either going to be done or bust by the 11th of August. It'd be nice if I could finish it before then, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. Even if I fail to finish it completely, I'll still release it with whatever I have finished translating, so you'll at least get something at that point.

Anyway, below my ramblings, I have the standard progress report. I'm not sure if I'm going to be making too many of them this time around, but given how I want to set up a routine, maybe I will.


Mea (That poor sod who started this whole mess): Nothing
Souffle (Innkeeper): Afterstory complete.
Mint (Bartender): Nothing
Metallica (Blacksmith): Nothing
SlayerDaiya (Swordsman): Nothing
Kukuru (Peddler BrotherLittle sister): Nothing
Kukuri (Peddler Sister): Nothing
Dagger (Dancer): Nothing
Pastel (Blond bar patron): Nothing
BartonBetty, ClaudeClaudia and the Cow (Villagers B&C+The cow they probably fucked): Nothing
Tsubame (Swordswoman Adventurer): Nothing
Mayfair (Magician Adventurer): Nothing
Theresia (Sister A): Nothing
Daisy (Pink-haired bar patron): Nothing
ArudAru (Southern guard): Afterstory complete.
StoneStory (Novelist): Nothing
RandyRan and Sepia (Shopkeepers): 1/2 complete
JohnJodie, DavidDiane, Kokomo, and Sherry (4 Children): Afterstory complete.
Brigitte (Sister B): Nothing
MoscowMural (Priest): Nothing
ErdinRudi (Guard captain): Nothing
Dragon (That monster that kicked your ass but you totally get revenge on): Nothing
MOB-ko (That one random girl at the end who didn't even get a name): Nothing
Exorcist (That poor sod who you totally beat in quiz, tag, and R-P-S games, like a boss): Nothing
Amuni (Your lady and master whom you enjoy groveling under): 1/2 complete

10 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! It's awesome that despite your lack of motivation you keep going for us. You're great! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for trying to finish it.

    If it gets too much for you, why don't you make a thread on Hongfire, post the scripts, and ask for help with the translation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, anyone with RPG Maker XP and their computer set to Japanese locale can get the scripts. I actually just translate from within RPG Maker program myself.

      But again, it's not really that I'm having a problem translating so much as a problem gathering the motivation to translate. If I do fail to complete this thing, anyone is welcome to come along and pick it up, but I probably won't advertise for it.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for all the hard work, regardless of whether you finish or not it was appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea good work but I was playing and when I tried to load it said there was a script error when I have everything installed any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... without more information (OS, language locale, the exact error with maybe a screenshot, etc.), it's a bit hard to help.

      As a general point, though, after googling 'script error, RPG Maker', there have been numerous posts that point to the problem being some data corruption. So, maybe try re-downloading the game?

      It might also be more fruitful to ask the RPG Maker community, though. As it sounds like it might be a problem with the game engine.

      Delete
  5. Must've been hard to cope with it when the publisher dished out the afterstories right after you thought you've finished it. We totally owe you for your everlasting commitment on the translation.

    Just take it easy, we're always rootin' for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it!

    I don't want to pressure you into translating, but since you've decided to do it, I'll encourage it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy to see that your still alive XD
    also happy your trying to finish the translation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. zomg, i thought you were done with the last post being December 2020! I'm so glad you're continuing the project!

    Thank you for making the effort to translate all the after-stories! >_<

    ReplyDelete