Sunday, January 1, 2012

Progress [01/01/12]

Happy New Years, everyone. Copypasta as usual, with changes in bold as noted below.

This is for people curious on how far along I am, and how much is left to work translate.

Due to the fact that I can't actually give an accurate percentage of what's left thanks to the shitty format of RPG Maker, this all basically off my guessing, so I'm not going to be giving hard numbers. Instead, I'll be noting each corruption person or group, and how far along they are. There are some miscellaneous other scenes not about sex or corruption per se, but I've also included those too.



Changes from the preceding post are bolded.

Souffle (Innkeeper): Corruption complete
Mint (Bartender): Corruption complete
Metallica (Blacksmith): Corruption complete
Kukuru and Kukuri (Peddlers): Corruption complete
Dagger (Dancer): Corruption complete
Pastel (Blond bar patron): Corruption complete
Theresia, Barton and Claude (Sister A, Villagers B&C): Corruption complete
Tsubame and Mayfair (Adventurer duo): 3/4th complete
Daisy (Pink-haired bar patron): Corruption complete
Arud (Southern guard): Nothing
Stone (Novelist): Nothing
Randy and Sepia (Shopkeepers): Corruption complete
John, David, Kokomo, and Sherry (4 Children): Nothing
Brigitte and Moscow (Sister B and Priest): 1/8th complete
Dragon: Nothing
Brothel: Nothing
Slayer (Swordsman): Nothing
Erdin (Guard captain): Nothing
Final corruptions: Nothing
Exorcist: Nothing
Developer room: Nothing
Recollection room: Nothing
Miscellaneous translation: Mostly complete

As a measure of length, it should be noted I consider all the corruptions from Theresia to Slayer to be another third of the game, and Erdin and the final corruptions (including the Exorcist) to be the last third, as they're very long. The developer room is fairly small, and the recollection room will just involve copy+pasting all the sex scene's text (and also connecting it to an playable path, as it doesn't seem that the creator finished implementing it into the game).

8 comments:

  1. I actually just found this on 4chan yesterday and have been spent the entire day and night playing it. (With exception to going to the mall and watching a movie.)
    It's a pretty interesting game.
    Though, I'm more interested in seeing it translated.
    (It's just not the same when all you can see is a bunch of squares)
    So I'd like to say thank you for all your efforts in translating this. And wish you the best of luck. Here's hoping you get as much done as possible before Friday the 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I almost forgot to ask.
    Are you a member of Futanari Palace forums?
    There are a number of RPGMaker Game Developers there, working on actually building their own games and not just translating it.
    Maybe they can help you get a working copy of RPGMaker?
    It's a legit question, since there is futa in this game.
    And there are at least 5 RPGMaker Game Developers on that website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard you need a new RPG Maker copy?

    http://www.file-upload.net/download-3995909/RPG-Maker-XP.rar.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous, January 1st,

    Glad you enjoyed it, I myself had a similar experience, although I was using the original version which actually has legible Japanese ('though, I was skimming like hell a lot of the time, which gives me more of an appreciation for several of the scenes now that I actually go through and translate them).

    As to Futanari Palace, I don't think I'm a member there (possibly am, since I generally sign up to a lot of places and then forget them entirely). I may check it out sometime, 'though honestly, I really don't like the RPG Maker XP format for game making, as it's an odd mixture of being both too code driven in some cases, and rather dumbed down or obtuse in others. I have been impressed at some things people have made with the game maker series though such as Violated Heroine or Queen Opala. The thought of help in acquiring a workable copy of RPGMaker is also definitely appealing, but it seems that someone popped into help that matter before it actually became an issue...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anonymous, January 2nd,

    Thank you! Unlike several other versions I downloaded, this one doesn't crash after giving me some N1 error. After some mucking around involving remaking the rxproj, it seems like it works fine, which means I'm no longer on a strict time limit and can actually contemplate doing some other work I thought about for this little project (such as completely localizing it to work on computers without needing to switch to Japanese locale).

    One question though, if I may? I have a key generator which worked fine for activating the copy, but it seems that the program forgets that I activated it every time it shuts down after that. Do you know of some workaround for this, or is it just a minor cross that unlawful pirates need to bear?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, to be truthful. (I'm the anon who commented on Jan 1)
    I posted on the Futanari Palace forums, and told them that you were translating this game, but under a strict time limit because you needed a full working copy of RPGMaker XP.
    http://www.futanaripalace.com/showthread.php?45263-Village-of-Nightmare
    It would appear that my bit of meddling has helped to bring forth someone who's able to provide a copy of the program after all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To be honest, I never used the RPG Maker to create or change a game, so I can´t help you. I just gave you the version I had on my laptop. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Anonymous #1 -

    Ahh, I see. Well, thank you for that. It's nice to be able to rid myself of that time limit, since I can work with less worry of leaving things half finished.

    @ Anonymous #2 -

    I see, well, regardless, thank you for your help. Odds were even at being able to finish in time, but your aid will allow me to fiddle around with the project at my leisure, so it's something of a relief.

    ReplyDelete