Friday, December 25, 2020

Common Problems and Solutions

Due to an increasing amount of questions regarding various errors or whatnot, I'm including this troubleshooting post. If your problem is not covered under these few sections, or the sparse solutions aren't working, please post about it, and give a bit of detail on what exactly you're doing, and what exactly is happening.

1) I'm getting some error when I start it up about RGSS****.dll/RGSS RTP not being found. What do?

Something is wrong with the RTP. You either did not install it, did not install it correctly, or it's having some other fruity problem. First, make SURE that you have the RPG Maker XP RTP installed, not the VX or any other version. If it's still not working, un-install it, and then download it again and re-install it. If it's still not working, google the exact RGSS file that's not being found and you'll likely find a few topics about it, and also likely to find an upload of that missing dll, which you can then download and put with the rest of the files of the RTP.


2) For some reason, the compression files are coming out as gibberish / the game text isn't showing up / It's all in Japanese.

I really have no idea what going on with this stuff. Try to give an an explanation on what you're doing and what's happening with as much detail as possible.

Also, just to be safe let me say this: The English release of this game needs no patch. If you're applying the Japanese 1.05 patch after downloading the English release on this site you're doing it wrong.


3) Something happened and now my character is stuck moving in one direction and/or I can't move in a specific direction!

This is apparently a bug with the RPG Maker engine. Restart the game. If that doesn't work, uninstall and than reinstall the RTP. If that doesn't work, try restarting your computer. If THAT doesn't work, I've got nothing.


4) I can't get away from those squirrels!

Click on the sign near the forest entrance, take the irritant. It will remove almost every single squirrel (except for one at the end, so be careful) that pops up in front of your exit path, with only the ones chasing you left. Just don't lag and you'll be fine.


5) I talked to Father Moscow too many times at night, and I still need to get the shield blessed... Help?

Yes... that's a bug I don't know how to fix without completely rewriting the conversation system in place. Download this. It's a modified data folder with the 'happy end' scene deleted from it, so the game should move on to the next event. Don't delete/overwrite your original data folder unless you don't ever want to view that scene again without downloading the game again.

20 comments:

  1. Well I downloaded and installed the rpg thing and I've got the game downloaded through J-zip, but it won't start. Like at all, it starts to load but the load vanishes and doesn't start

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just get not responding problem. I got rpg-maker thing installed and I'm on jap locale. Any solutions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a way to hide the text boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone know how to fix bug: RGSS player has stopped working??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a way to make the game play in fullscreen mode?

    ReplyDelete
  6. the download thing is missing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I downloaded RPG Maker XP RTP, and ran the installer. It gave me all the folders and raw files, but there doesn't seem to be any way to run the damn thing. Am I just stupid?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The download is invalid

    ReplyDelete
  9. "AnonymousAugust 9, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    The download is invalid"

    Ditto

    ReplyDelete
  10. for some reason when I opened my game for the second time my save wasn't there

    ReplyDelete
  11. I reforged the demon blade and try to destroy the stones, but it keeps saying I don't have it

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fix for the shield and father moscow is no longer on mediafire...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got the game Village of Nightmare [English 2.1].7z file name and rpg downloaded but when I try to open the game there is no application called RGSS and when I find the file on my computer there is no run thing for it

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fix for the shield and father moscow is still gone. Any save file edits or...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found the solution for the rgss player problem
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK0P1BHGnnQ
    just follow it and it'll work

    ReplyDelete